Reason for requesting shielding assessment:
To carry out the shielding assessment, it is essential to include the following elements with your request:
* For each room, specify:
- The type of room (Hygienist, dentist, mammo, chiropractor, etc.)
- The type of occupation
- The type of devices (note: please include brand and model if possible)
- The expected weekly workload for each room with an X-ray machine (i.e. the maximum number of X-ray images taken each week, per room and device)
(Note: for several rooms using the same device model with the same workload, you may group the information in the room number, ex: room 101, 102, 103)
*Plan required to perform the shielding assessment:
The scale plan should include the following information:
- Description of adjacent rooms (examples: reception, hygienist room, operating room, office, toilet, corridor, etc.);
- The type of device installed
- The location of x-ray machines and patient chairs in the room (s);
- The location of the X-ray activation buttons
- The presence of doors and / or windows, if applicable;
- When some walls face another business, indicate what is in the room adjacent to that wall;
- The current or planned content of the walls, where possible.
*Attach the scale plan of the facilities to this request (preferably a PDF format):
A shielding assessment is required for any new installation, for a move, renovation, replacement or addition of device as well as an increase in workload.
Subsequently, on-site verification of shielding and equipment is also required prior to clinical use. One of our physicists can perform this check, you will only have to make an appointment.
Our normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Your request will be processed in the next working days.