- I've received a letter from the INSPQ and I have 60 days to have my X-ray facilities inspected. What should I do?
Contact us by phone or e-mail at: email@example.com
- Is there a minimum duration for the training of a radiation safety officer?
No. It is generally accepted that three days of training allows optimal assimilation of knowledge and makes it possible to adequately cover a subject that is not always accessible. We can adapt the pace to your needs.
- Are radiation safety training courses mandatory?
Yes, you must be able to demonstrate to the CNSC that the people using nuclear substances have been suitably trained. The frequency of refresher courses is left up to the discretion of license holders, but may be subject to assessment by the CNSC.
- What information is required when calculating shielding?
- Plans with dimensions that include the area surrounding the X-ray rooms
- A conservative assessment of workloads
- The types of devices used
- Is it necessary to use the services of a consultant when applying to the CNSC for a license?
No, ultimately the applicant remains the license holder. However, we can accelerate the process as we know the CNSC’s requirements.